811 Alaska Digline provides 3 easy ways to submit your Request for Utility Locates. More information on how this works is available here.
811 or 800-478-3121 or 278-3121 (Anchorage Area)
Summer Hours (May 15 thru Sept. 15) : 7am – 7pm Monday through Friday
Winter Hours (Sept 16 thru May 14): 8am – 5pm Monday through Friday
Alaska Digline is closed all major holidays
Use our Fax-A-Locate Program - download the form right here.
BY eTICKET ONLINE
Use the eTicket Program online at your convenience.
Registration is not required.
Whatever method you choose to submit your request, the required basic information is always the same:
- Your name and contact information.
- Specific Address/location of project.
- What type of work are you doing?
- Is the area pre-marked?
- Are you digging on/near the Road Right of Way?
- Are you digging on/near Railroad Tracks?
- Is there an easement that requires markings?
- Will the excavation take place at the front of lot or back of lot?
- Are you digging deeper than 4 feet? If so, more than 10 feet deep?
- Is there open access to the dig site? (no dogs/gates are unlocked).
- Where at the location are you digging? i.e. basic scope of your work.
Once the order is processed by the center, you can expect your utility markings at the project location within 2 business days (or 10 business days for remote/unstaffed locations).
Once the facilities are marked, you are expected to comply with Alaska Statutes 42.30.400. Utilities are marked according to the American Public Works Association color code – see our FAQ page for more info.
<!– /LiveChat –